District 2 consist of Anson Road, Chinatown, Neil Road, Raffles Place, Shenton Way, Tanjong Pagar

Anson

Image result for anson road"

Anson is a subzone located within the Downtown Core district of Singapore. Its namesake road, Anson Road, was built in 1879 and is named after Major-General Sir Archibald Anson, a former Lieutenant-Governor of Penang, and probably also after Commodore George Anson, Naval Commander of Far East Squadron in 1815.[1]

Buildings in Anson include the Anson Centre (built in 1971), Anson House, Hub Synergy Point, Springleaf Tower, the International Plaza, MapleTree Anson, M Hotel Singapore, Fuji Xerox Towers and AXA Tower.

Chinatown

Pagoda Street, Chinatown Heritage Centre, Dec 05.JPG

Chinatown (Chinese牛車水Pe̍h-ōe-jīGû-chia-chúiYaleNgàuhchēséuiMalayKreta AyerTamilசைனா டவுன்) is a subzone and ethnic enclave located within the Outram district in the Central Area of Singapore. Featuring distinctly Chinese cultural elements, Chinatown has had a historically concentrated ethnic Chinese population.

Chinatown is considerably less of an enclave than it once was. However, the precinct does retain significant historical and cultural significance. Large sections of it have been declared national heritage sites officially designated for conservation by the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

Neil Road

Neil Road (Chinese: 尼路) is a one-way road in Chinatown and Tanjong Pagar in the planning areas of Outram and Bukit Merah in Singapore. The road starts at the junction of South Bridge RoadMaxwell Road and Tanjong Pagar Road and ends at Kampong Bahru Road which then merges into Jalan Bukit Merah. At the end of the road, it is a conservation area of several shophouses and a three story Victorian style school building, which was the former site of Fairfield Methodist Girls’ School. In the Tanjong Pagar area of the road, it is home to rows of conserved shophouses for various purposes.

Raffles Place

Singapore Skyline at Night with Black Sky.JPG

Raffles Place is the centre of the Financial District of Singapore and is located south of the mouth of the Singapore River.[1] It was first planned and developed in the 1820s as Commercial Square to serve as the hub of the commercial zone of Singapore in Raffles Town Plan. It was renamed Raffles Place in 1858 and is now the site of a number of major banks. It is located in the Downtown Core within the Central Area, and features some of the tallest buildings and landmarks of the country.

Shenton Way

Shenton Way 2, Jan 06.JPG

Shenton Way (Chinese珊顿大道) is a major trunk road in Singapore‘s Central Area, most known for the commercial skyscrapers flanking both sides of the road. The road is a one-way street which starts at the junction of Boon Tat Street, Raffles Quay and Commerce Street and ends at Keppel Road. The road is built almost entirely on reclaimed land in what was once the Telok Ayer Basin. It was originally intended to be named Raffles Way, but later Shenton Way was chosen after Sir Shenton ThomasGovernor of Singapore 1934–1946, as an acknowledgement of his decision to stay in the city during the Japanese occupation of Singapore.[1]

Officially opened in 1951, it became known as Singapore’s Wall Street when commercial developments and government offices were built there from the 1970s onwards, and continues to be a prime commercial address on par with that of Raffles Place today.

Tanjong Pagar

Tanjong Pagar Road.

Tanjong Pagar (alternatively spelled Tanjung Pagar) is a historic district located within the Central Business District in Singapore, straddling the Outram Planning Area and the Downtown Core under the Urban Redevelopment Authority‘s urban planning zones.