District 24 consist of Kranji, Lim Chu Kang, Sungei Gedong, Tengah

Kranji

Little Guilin Park, Singapore (3823573035).jpg

Kranji came from Malay word “Buah Keranji” due to pronunciation by local Malay, it became “Kranji”. It is a suburb in northwestern Singapore, located about 22 kilometres (14 mi) from the city centre. It is connected to Kranji MRT station and connects to bus service 170 for Johor Bahru.
Kranji is named after a local treepokok kranji or keranji (Malay for Dialium indum, velvet tamarind tree). Its abundance has rapidly dwindled since the first half of the nineteenth century.

Kranji served as a military camp before the Japanese invasion of Singapore in 1942, and is now the home of the Kranji War Cemetery and Kranji War Memorial, commemorating the 30,000 Commonwealth personnel who died in Singapore, MalayaJava and Sumatra during World War II.

In addition, it is now a prime residential area comprising mostly stand-alone properties. There are no towering apartment blocks, unlike most suburbs of Singapore. It is also an industrial area.

Lim Chu Kang

Koon Lee Nursery, Lim Chu Kang Road.jpg

Lim Chu Kang is a planning area located in the northwestern part of the North Region of Singapore, bordering the Western Water Catchment to the west and south, Sungei Kadut to the east and the Straits of Johor to the north.
Lim Chu Kang Village was founded by Neo Ao Tiew (Chinese梁后宙pinyinLiáng Hòuzhòu; 1884 – 1975), a Chinese immigrant from Fujian who was the sheriff of the village. “Lim” was taken from Lim Chwee Chian who was the kangchu of the area. The village is on the banks of the Sungei Kranji and was controlled by the Lim clan. Neo Tiew also set up a primary school and health centre in the village. Neo Tiew Road is named after him. The area was originally noted for its numerous pepper and gambier plantations. Later there were rubber plantations, e.g. Namazie-Cashin rubber estates.

Sungei Gedong

Image result for sungei gedong
Sungei Gedong

In the 1960s, Sungei Gedong Road was lined with shophouses and cinemas. A major plan by the government to move residents into HDB flats have seen the decline of the small town. A small HDB estate which was opposite Lim Chu Kang Road was built in the early 1980s, but had been cleared by the late 1990s and expanded the Sungei Gedong Camp’s military training area in 2000s.

On 11 July 2001, SAF took possession of the entire Sungei Gedong for military training area.[4]