District 25 consist of Admiralty, Woodlands

Admiralty

Image result for admiralty singapore

The Admiralty area contains integrated development plans including Kampung Admiralty, which was launched in April 2014.[2] The community centre for the neighbourhood, named “ACE The Place Community Club”, is located at 120 Woodlands Avenue 1 near Woodlands South MRT station. It was officially opened on 2 March that year, replacing a void deck space at Block 547, Woodlands Drive 16 which had been in use since 2003.[3]

Admiralty is connected to Sembawang and Yishun via Gambas Avenue; the Woodlands Industrial Park and Senoko Industrial Park via Woodlands Avenue 10; Woodlands via Woodlands Avenue 7; Marsiling via Woodlands Square and Woodlands Avenue 3; and the Expressway via Woodlands Avenue 12.

This name “Admiralty” reflects the area’s association with the large British Naval Base (in the Sembawang area) that was established between 1923 and 1941. Given that the residence of the Rear Admiral of the British Navy was located in this area, the road name probably reflects the Naval High Command. When the British began the construction of the Naval Base they laid out and developed Admiralty Road in 1923 which ran through the Naval Base area. The base was the key British installation in the region and was projected as the Asian bastion of the British Empire between the world wars.[4]

Woodlands

Image result for woodland singapore causeway point

Woodlands is a planning area and residential town located in the North Region of Singapore. The town is connected to Malaysia‘s city of Johor Bahru, via the Johor-Singapore Causeway. It is the regional centre for the North Region.

Woodlands planning area borders Sembawang to the east, Mandai to the south, Sungei Kadut to the west and Johor Bahru to the north. Woodlands New Town is situated within the Woodlands planning area.

The area consisting of modern-day Woodlands Town first witnessed the opening of the Johor-Singapore Causeway in 1923. Early Woodlands consisted of villages and squatters where residents made their living mostly as small-time shopkeepers and vegetable farmers in the Marsiling area, while rubber plantations and poultry farms dot the landscape in Jalan Ulu Sembawang where modern-day Admiralty is located. The first HDB flats were built from 1972 in the northern part of Marsiling, and the Woodlands Bus Interchange located at Woodlands Centre Road was built in 1980.[4]

Prior to 1988, Woodlands is being divided into Bukit Panjang SMC and Sembawang SMC, and it was merged in 1991 into Sembawang GRC in the sense of growing development.