« Back to Glossary Index

Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC)

When the building works are completed, the applicant and the Qualified Person shall apply to the Commissioner of Building Control for a Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) or a Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP). The building can only be occupied when a CSC or TOP is granted


When the developer is ready to convey the legal title of your unit to you, the process known as the completion of sale will take place. The procedure is as follows:

  1. The developer will issue you a Notice to Complete which must be given by the date specified in the S&PA or 3 years after the date of delivery of vacant possession of the unit, whichever is earlier.
  2. Completion must take place within 14 days after you receive the Notice to Complete.
  3. On completion, the developer must issue a proper conveyance and a duplicate of the unit’s title to you. The title issued is either the Duplicate Subsidiary Strata Certificate of Title (for strata subdivided property) or the Duplicate Certificate of Title (for non-strata subdivided property). These certificates are official documents issued by the Registrar of Titles stating that the person named in the certificate is the legal owner of the property described in the certificate.The area of the unit based on the title survey as approved by the Chief Surveyor in SLA will be stated in the title of the unit.
« Back to Glossary Index