Make a CPF nomination
Why do I need to do a CPF normination?
Your CPF nomination will cover the:
- CPF savings in your Ordinary, Special, MediSave and Retirement Accounts
- CPF LIFE premium balance
- your discounted Singtel shares
Your CPF nomination does not cover the:
- properties bought using your CPF savings
- payout from the Dependants’ Protection Scheme (DPS)
- investments under CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS)
Who can make a CPF nomination
To make a CPF nomination, you must:
- be a CPF member
- be 16 years old and above
- have the mental capacity to make your own decisions
Choosing your norminee.
How to make CPF normination?
You are encouraged to make a CPF nomination online via my cpf Online Services. Alternatively, you may also make a nomination in person at any CPF service centre.
Either way, you will need to get two witnesses to complete the nomination process.
You can ask friends or relatives to act as your witnesses. However, your witnesses:
- must be at least 21 years old
- have sound mental capacity
- cannot be any of your nominee(s).
- should each have a valid Singpass if you are making a CPF nomination online.
Via my cpf Online Services
You can make a CPF cash nomination online by logging in to my cpf Online Services using your Singpass.
To complete the online form, you will need to have:
- your Singpass
- your nominee(s)’ name, NRIC number and contact information
- both witnesses’ name, NRIC number and contact information
For non-Singapore Citizens/PRs, you will be required to provide the witnesses’ mailing addresses.
In person at a CPF service centre
Make an appointment at any CPF service centre to complete your CPF nomination with a customer service executive.
The CPF Board’s customer service executives can act as your witnesses and clarify any questions you may have.
For your appointment at the CPF service centre, bring along and prepare:
- a copy of your NRIC/passport
- your nominee(s)’ NRIC number, email and mailing address
- both your witnesses’ name and NRIC number (if necessary)
If the CPF Board’s customer service executives are acting as your witnesses, you do not need to prepare your witnesses’ particulars.
Ask the CPF Board’s customer service executives for help if you:
- don’t have suitable people to act as your witnesses
- need more information and advice about making a CPF nomination
CPF Hotline: 1800 227 1188
Calling from overseas: +65 6227 1188
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.30pm
You can also make an appointment and visit any CPF service centre.
Situations you need to change or update your nomination.
You should review your CPF nomination to keep it relevant with your current circumstances.
You may wish to review it after any major changes in your life, for example:
- getting married (this revokes any CPF nomination you made before)
- getting divorced
- having a child
- if the nominee named in your CPF nomination dies
To update or change your nomination, you can:
- submit a new CPF nomination form online
- visit any CPF service centre to complete and submit a new CPF nomination form
Your new CPF nomination will replace the earlier CPF nomination you have made.
If you want to cancel your CPF nomination
You can cancel your CPF nomination by making a new CPF nomination online or in person. The new nomination will replace the nomination which you have made earlier.
If you want to remove one of your nominees
You will have to make a new CPF nomination to replace the earlier CPF nomination you have made.
If your nominee’s details change
After your have made your CPF nomination, the details of your nominee may change.
Change of name
You do not need to update your nominee’s new name in your CPF nomination.
However, the CPF board will request that the nominee presents a Deed Poll to prove the change of name when they apply to receive your CPF savings.
Change of address
You do not need to update your nominee’s address if they are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
Check your CPF nomination details
You can check your CPF nomination details:
- online using my cpf Online Services
- with My Legacy vault to view or share your nomination details with Trusted Persons.
Check online using my cpf Online Services
You can view your nomination details online by logging in with your Singpass at my cpf Online Services.
If you are not able to view your nomination details, you will need to submit an online request via ‘My Requests’.
Sign in to My Legacy vault with your Singpass
My Legacy vault is an online planning tool that allows you to organise and share important information about your will, lasting power of attorney, advance care plan and CPF nomination.
Sign in to My Legacy vault with your Singpass. You can:
- view your CPF nomination status
- share your CPF nomination details with Trusted Persons.
What happens if I did not make any norminations?
If you don’t have a CPF nomination
If you don’t have a CPF nomination, your CPF savings will be transferred to the Public Trustee’s Office (PTO) for distribution to your family members after your death.
You can read more about PTO’s fees here.
The distribution of your CPF savings to your surviving family members will also be decided by the law.
You are therefore encouraged to make a CPF nomination and specify your nominee(s).
You are encouraged to make a CPF nomination to:
- Decide who will receive your CPF savings according to your wishes
- Allow your loved ones to claim your CPF savings swiftly, conveniently and at no cost
- Avoid potential disputes among your loved ones over your CPF savings